2012 FALL REVIEW
October 19-21, 2012
Canaan Valley State Park (CVSP)
Where the Wind Blows
Friday, October 19th
7 p.m. – Evening gathering, Canaan Valley State Park Lodge
– light snacks, presentation: “Telemetric Surveys of Golden Eagles” with Dr. Trish Miller, wildlife biologist, WVU
Saturday, October 20th
8:00 p.m. (?) – Birdwalk
Early morning – Breakfast, walks, committee meetings, etc on your own
11a.m. – 2:30 p.m. — Leave State Park 10:15 a.m. for CVI [below]
– Meet at Canaan Valley Institute (CVI) — in nearby Davis, WV …off Rt 93
– Tour and introduction to CVI facilities and property — trails, research, etc….
– Lunch at the Conference Center
– Evan Hansen re: Downstream Strategies & Mountain Institute Wind Report http://www.downstreamstrategies.com/documents/reports_publication/DS_wind-technical-report-final.pdf
4:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. – reconvene at Canaan Valley State Park Lodge
– Brad Stephens (Allegheny Highlands Alliance): Wind energy and the grid — and the relevant legal structure
– dinner in the Lodge Dining Room
– “Birds and Wind Energy: Federal Laws” with Kelly Fuller, Wind Campaign Coordinator, American Bird Conservancy
9:00 p.m. – until whenever ….. Socializing as desired….
Sunday, October 21st
8:00 p.m. – Birdwalk
9 a.m. – Annual membership meeting Canaan Valley State Park Lodge,
– election of officers and at-large members
– review of past year and planning for 2013
10 a.m. – Quarterly Board Meeting
Noon – Lunch and ongoing Board discussions
2 p.m. – Adjourn
PLEASE RSVP ASAP if you plan on attending all or part or none of the weekend
Marilyn Shoenfeld – firstname.lastname@example.org, 304-866-3484
Cindy Rank – email@example.com, 304-924-5802
or Cindy Ellis – firstname.lastname@example.org, 304-586-4135
LODGING FOR THE FALL REVIEW
CANAAN VALLEY STATE PARK LODGE
Friday October 19 and Saturday October 20
- a block of rooms has been reserved for the Fall Review -
…. to take advantage of the reduced rate for two nights you must call before Wednesday, September 19th so hurry.
Contrary to earlier information THERE ARE STILL ROOMS AVAILABLE AT THE PARK LODGE….
And mention West Virginia Highlands Conservancy when making reservation. (They’ve been putting us in Beaver Lodge)
NOTICE: WVHC ANNUAL MEETING
Sunday, October 21, 2012
9:00 a.m. – 10 a.m.
Canaan Valley State Park Lodge
ELECTION OF OFFICERS AND AT-LARGE MEMBERS
YOU are invited and encouraged to attend and Participate.
Hear brief updates from Committee Chairs about ongoing
activities and vote for renewing and new
members and officers of your Board of Directors.
Better yet, join us for Friday and Saturday as well.
[see preliminary schedule on this page]